POUGHKEEPSIE, NY – The Chamber Foundation announced that Hudson Valley KidVenture will return to Poughkeepsie on Saturday and Sunday, April 28 and 29 presented by The Chamber Foundation, Inc. and IBM.
The announcement came Tuesday morning using Abilities First at 46 Fireman’s Way in Poughkeepsie as it’s backdrop to signal that the event is all inclusive.
This expo-style event, a reinvention of the former KidsExpo, will highlight businesses and nonprofits while offering children of all ages and all abilities interactive and educational activities. Hudson Valley KidVenture will include around 100 family friendly, all-inclusive exhibitors and performers inside the Mid-Hudson Civic Center, the ChangePoint Theatre, and outside on Market Street.
“This inclusive event for all abilities is the signature family event in the Hudson Valley, and The Chamber Foundation is proud to be a presenting partner along with IBM,” said Nicholas Shannon, executive director of The Chamber Foundation, Inc. “This is a fantastic opportunity for local businesses and organizations – members and even non-members.” The inaugural event in 2017 attracted an estimated 5,000 people.
Every exhibitor will have a hands-on activity for children to experience, learn from and discover. Some of this year’s planned activities include:
· A touch a truck event with over 20 trucks and vehicles on display each day
· Trackless Train rides up and down market street from the Roaming Railroad
· Two by Two Petting Zoo
· A celebrity guest appearance from Miss New York Teen USA, Saige Guerin
· Princess and superhero meet and greets
· Pony rides from Lucky Orphan Horse Rescue
· Performances from The Bossy Frog Band, Magician Bobby Harris, Aerophone Community Band, Abilities First Drum Core, local high school musical groups
Proceeds from Hudson Valley KidVenture will benefit The Chamber Foundation, Inc.