RHINEBECK — Warm up with cool tunes when the 1st Annual Rhinebeck Winter Groove Weekend presents two full days of free music on Jan. 13 and 14.
The event is an effort by the Rhinebeck Area Chamber of Commerce to encourage both in towners and out of towners to fully enjoy the long holiday weekend in Rhinebeck.
Restaurants and various specialty food establishments will host jazz and a variety of music acts as well highlighting special appetizers, cocktails or entrée items from their menu.
“The event takes place in the village of Rhinebeck and Rhinecliff,” says Claudia Cooley, Executive Director of the Rhinebeck Area Chamber of Commerce. She continues “No cover charge, no drink minimum, indulge yourself in what our award-winning restaurants do best, serve delicious food and drinks, the added attraction of live music is the classic cherry on top. Better yet, stay the whole weekend, park your car once and experience our fabulous curated shops, spa treatments, fresh country air, wonderful lodging amenities to really take the winter edge off all within a five block radius.
Shiwanti Widyarathna, owner of Cinnamon Indian Cuisine adds “We are excited to host The Peter Einhorn Duo on Saturday night. It’s jazz with an Indian flair, so not only will our dishes have a little spice but so will the music! We are so thankful for a merchant friendly Chamber and hopeful this will introduce new customers to our restaurant as well as other restaurants in Rhinebeck during this wintery season.”
Venues and Bands
- Oliver Kita Chocolates hosts live acoustic music 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Cinnamon Spice Indian Cuisine showcases Peter Einhorn Duo, jazz fusion with an Indian touch 6:30 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Smoky Rock BBQ hosts Grammy Award winning Malcolm Cecil from 7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Grand Cru Beer & Cheese Market from 7:30 p.m.-9:00 p.m., presents the amazing vocalist Lindsey Webster, who achieved the 2016 Billboard Smooth Jazz Artist of the Year
- The Shelter will also have live music from 9:00 p.m. till 11:00 p.m.
- The Rhinecliff Hotel serves up a Jazz Brunch with Perry Beekman from 11:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Aba’s Falafel will have an acoustical treat from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Beekman Arms Tavern hosts the Al Wolcott Jazz Trio from 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
More times and venues may be announced, times and performers may change due to unforeseen reasons.