Paula Mitchell

Paula Mitchell

ACCORD–A curtain fire on the auditorium stage at Rondout Valley High School on Monday afternoon led to the evacuation of students but was quickly contained, according to officials.

The fire, deemed accidental, resulted in minor damage and a smoke-filled auditorium, said Accord Fire Chief Richard Demorest.

Students were quickly evacuated when the fire broke out at 1:55 p.m. Demorest said once the fire was extinguished, firefighters concentrated on getting the smoke out and putting up fans.

He said it was the end of the school day by the time fire crews completed their work. Buses had already arrived to take students home.

All after-school activities were canceled.

Fire companies from High Falls, Stone Ridge and Kripple Bush assisted at the scene.

0
Comments

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    © 2017 Hudson Valley News Network
    Always Local, Always Free.