POUGHKEEPSIE, MONTGOMERY — United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region is coordinating an urgent supply drive – now through Thursday, Sept 7 – for items of need for residents of Texas, directly affected by Hurricane Harvey.
Working with two Texas-based organizations, Texas Diaper Bank and Feeding Texas (to be distributed by the Houston Food Bank), United Way will collect donations at its offices in Poughkeepsie (75 Market Street) and in Newburgh (123 Grand Street).
“Feeding Texas and our member food banks are humbled by the outpouring of support from individuals across the country wanting to donate time, aid, and money to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey. We are grateful to the United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region for its support of our relief efforts,” explained Feeding Texas CEO Celia Cole.
On September 8th, UPS Freight from Montgomery has generously offered to collect all the boxes and transport them to these two Texas organizations for distribution to our Texan neighbors and friends who have lost so much.
“We received calls from our community asking how they can help. Our campaign director Elizabeth Manning contacted UPS Hub Services Manager Dennis Berns of UPS Freight Montgomery and he immediately offered transport of whatever items are received,” explained Jeannie Montano, President & CEO of United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region. “Already people are dropping off desperately needed items to us like 50 lbs of baby wipes, food stuffs and more. Together our community is showing what it means to Live United and we cannot extend our thanks enough to all involved.”
If you would like to donate to the Hurricane Harvey Supply Drive, please bring items of need to United Way offices during business hours through close of business day Thursday, September 7th (9-5 except Friday, 9-1, and closed Monday for Labor Day observance).
- Diapers (size: 4,5,6)
- Baby Wipes (crucial need)
- Baby Hygiene Products (baby wash, shampoo, Diaper Rash Cream, Petroleum Jelly, etc.)
- “Baby Gear” (NEW clothes, socks, underwear, onesies, etc.)
- Baby toys, books, etc.
- Adult Diapers (M, L, XL)
- Personal Hygiene Products (toothbrushes, toothpaste, body wash, shampoo, deodorant, feminine hygiene products, etc.)
- Hand-held snack items (granola bars, peanut butter crackers, protein bars, etc.)
- Pop-top ready-to-eat items (applesauce or fruit cups)
- Shelf-stable pantry items (peanut butter, jelly, tuna, chili, beef stew and soup)
100% of donations go toward supplies for those affected by Hurricane Harvey.