POUGHKEEPSIE – On Thursday, August 10, 2017, the Northern Dutchess NAACP will host its Second Freedom Fund Award Banquet at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel, 40 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie.
This year, they are honored to have Former Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson as their keynote speaker.
Additionally, they will be honoring several outstanding members of our community, including:
- Shirley Adams Executive Director of the Catherine Street Project;
- Stephen E. Diamond, Esq., Partner, Stenger, Roberts, Davis and Diamond, LLP;
- Mariel Fiori, Co-Founder and Managing Editor of La Voz magazine at Bard College;
- General Fred Gorden, Commandant of Cadets, United States Military Academy at West Point;
- Maureen Lashlee, CEO and Executive Director, Habitat for Humanity;
- Sgt. Sanders Matthews, Founding Member of Buffalo Soldiers Assoc.;
- Robert Wright, President, Nubian Directions II;
- Junior Achievers Tatum Pittman and Jonathan McPhee
RSVP by June 30, 2017.
Since 1909, the NAACP has evolved as a civil rights organization to promote the advancement of justice and the empowerment of people of all races. The Northern Dutchess Chapter is reaching out to our wider community interested in helping us sponsor this noteworthy event. The net proceeds will be used to continue our charitable and educational works in our community.
Contact Freedom Fund Banquet Chair Fred Clarke, Esq., at (845) 265-2000 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.