STONY POINT – The Stony Point Police Department joins police departments around the county, state and nation in the “No Empty Chair” campaign, according to Stony Point Police Chief Brian J. Moore.
Each year teenage drivers are fatally injured or left with lifetime disabilities from motor vehicle crashes that are PREVENTABLE.
Regrettably, many of these crashes occur in the months preceding graduation.
These incidents devastate families and the school population and negatively impact the local community.
Please make responsible decisions as a passenger and/or a driver to ensure you are in YOUR chair on graduation day. Enjoy this milestone with family and friends, said Moore.
Additional patrols will be out this week and through the summer targeting:
- Monday, April 24, 2017 – Speeding in School Zones
- Tuesday, April 25, 2017 – Seatbelts and Child Restraints
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017 – Cell Phone Use and Texting
- Thursday, April 27, 2017 – Operation Safe Stop
- Friday, April 28, 2017 – Underage Drinking and Impaired Driving
Zero Crashes! Zero Injuries. Zero Deaths! Be in Your Chair for Prom and Graduation.