Step inside the human heart and learn what makes you tick at Health Quest’s MEGA Heart exhibit this Sunday, Feb. 19 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Poughkeepsie Galleria, 2001 South Road, Poughkeepsie.
POUGHKEEPSIE — To promote Heart Month and overall heart health, Vassar Brothers Medical Center and The Heart Center, a division of Hudson Valley Cardiovascular Practice, P.C., will bring an interactive, walk-through heart exhibit to the Mall’s Center Court. Along with the MEGA Heart, the event will also feature family-friendly activities.
Visitors will enter the exhibit through the largest vein into the heart, and exit through the aorta, the largest artery that leaves the heart. Along the way, they will learn about this important muscle and observe examples of America’s No. 1 killer, heart disease. Attendees may also enjoy a complimentary chair massage, jump rope for prizes, have medications reviewed by a pharmacist, take a heart health quiz, speak to a nutritionist, practice CPR and use an automated external defibrillator on a mannequin, and more.
Did you know?
- Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of adults in the United States.
- Every 34 seconds, someone suffers a heart attack in the United States.
- It takes 60 seconds for the heart to pump your entire supply of blood, about five quarts, through the body.
- In the average lifetime, the heart beats approximately 2.5 billion times.
- Your system of blood vessels — arteries, veins and capillaries — is more than 60,000 miles long. That’s more than enough to go around the world
No reservations are required for this free event. To learn more, visit www.healthquest.org/MEGAheart or email MEGAheart@health-quest.org (TTY 800-421-1220). For moreinformation about the MEGA Heart, visit medicalinflatables.com.